Monday, October 18, 2010

When does a heart begin to heal from the end of friendship

Where does a heart begin, when its scars are still raw
When the simple exchange of words release old pains
The darkness contain within leaks out, a spiral of smoke that fills my senses

She has a hundred sins that she has never had to answer for
Her virtues have long been left behind
Morals a thing she has long discard

She speaks of belittlement and talking down, when this is her description of herself
I have just come to terms that the person I trusted to hold in my heart
My best friend, was my bully
The consent bullying wore on me, the moment I spoke up she grew more aggressive

It was a hard thing to realise I had made a mistake
This was the not a friend
To think of the things I let slide, the things I lost
I only have myself to blame, I was warned of who she would be
I didn't take it into account
I thought our friendship would rule it all
But I was wrong

There should be a cure for a break of a best friend as there is with a boyfriend
In movies there is always the friend when the lover goes away
But of when your best friend that is gone
Your meant to think a friendship can endure more

But at the end of the day I must draw a line
And abuse is not fair in any form
It is a subject you don't really think about
Bully as a child but as you enter adulthood you don't think of a friend being abusive
Abuse is never OK and most don't realise they are being abused as that's half its charm
You slowly lose who you are and their words are what you hear

So goodbye my old friend
Hello my freedom from abuse
And help me have the strength to stay away


No comments:

Post a Comment